Code of Conduct
RULES must follow or misuse will result in removal from the Group.
1ST TO COMMENT = first to be offered item.
- Please wait 2 hours before offering to next Member.
- Private message does not count, you MUST comment on the post!
- Tagging Group Members on items does not count as a comment.
- A comment can be either a normal typed comment or using the interested button. Sellers need to follow the order of interest regardless of which method is used.
- VarageSale has standardized bump settings across all communities to provide the most consistent experience for all sellers. You can now bump 10 items every 2 hours with a 2 hour "rest" on each item before it can be bumped again. To learn more about bumping, visit: http://help.varagesale.com/category/23-bumping
- THINK SMART! If you have similar items for sale, there is no need to bump 5 shirts! Bump one and comment saying 'look at my profile for other similar items for sale' - giving you options to bump different items.
- If you reduce your price in the price field, this will bump your item and will count as one bump. (Reducing price this way can be done 4 times)
- Commenting on your own item with 'still available', for example, will only reset your bump timer, so do this after you click your arrow!
- if you are using the Android or iOS mobile app, upload up to four additional multiple views of your item right when posting! - visit the helppage to show you how: http://help.varagesale.com/article/93-can-post-multiple-pictures-of-an-item
- you can also add extra photos to the comment section of your original listing, this keeps items together. To see how to do this visit the helppage: http://help.varagesale.com/article/397-how-can-i-post-images-in-comments
- If you have several views of an item, you could create a collage - there are several free photo collage websites or apps available.
- if asked by another member for a different view of an item, please upload photos to the comment section of your listing so no need to upload a new post.
- Do not post the same picture in different Categories.
- Anything that is duplicated in Categories or the Discussions area will be removed.
MULTI PICS RULE
- As a result of the change in the bump settings, means we can make a change to the multi-pic rule, as items will be bumped more regularly, so extra comments on items will not be an issue.
Same / similar items, in same category will be OK to be listed on one photo. (books, DVDs, CDs, computer games, clothing - for example 5 shirts, 5 trousers for a boy aged 3).
Listing different items in one pic, but having homes in different categories - these must be photographed separately and priced accordingly.
For further clarification please ask admin, we will be happy to explain.
NO POST HIJACKING
- Do not post on another member's listing advertising your item, please create your own post.
- Members are entitled to price their items as they seem fit, do not jeopardise someone's sale with comments like 'you can buy it cheaper elsewhere'.
EXTREME LOW OFFERS
- The practice of offering ridiculously low offers for expensive goods will be monitored and the member tagged in the relevant admin pic
- Items are not to be bought on here and sold for a higher price. Must be the same price or less.
GOODS MUST BE YOUR PROPERTY
- All goods must be your own property. You are committing a criminal offence if you sell an item which is subject to finance agreements.
PROHIBITED ITEMS these items are not to be sold or offered on this site, posts will be removed
- No animals(1)
- No alcohol
- No tobacco / tobacco related products incl e-cigs.
- No knives, weapons, ammunition, BB guns, Rifles, Guns, & Paint ball guns.
- No Fireworks.
- No pirated DVDs/CDs, Counterfeit or Fake Goods (including R4 cards)
- No Free Event tickets
- No opened packets, tins, sachets - must be sealed and within date.
(1) to ensure animals are not being sold, any tank, hutch, etc must be listed empty.
TIMEWASTERS, NO SHOWS, ETC
- If you have issues with timewasters, please message one of the Admin Team. Please have the courtesy to let the person know you cannot keep to the arrangement. If you are reported twice by different members, your account will be revoked.
- If you are revoked and your items are subsequently found being listed by another member, that member will have their account revoked without warning.
- Please be respectful to the Admin Team and other Members on this site.
- Arguments will be removed without warning. If you are rude or argumentative you will be removed without warning.
- Abuse and/or swearing will not be tolerated in any shape or form and will result in immediate removal.
- There will be no one under the age of 16 let onto site going forward.
- VarageSale allows businesses to advertise for free on site, all that is requested by us is that you have one advert only with all your contact details. (Only one member can advertise a business, not 2 members advertising same business, for example). To further clarify the business post rules:
a member will be tagged in the small business graphic, and then PMd by admin explaining they will be given 2 weeks to arrange a business advert.
If the PM has been seen after 2 weeks, but no business post has been created, then that member will be revoked for ignoring an admin request
If the initial PM has not yet been seen, that member will have their account temporarily revoked until they contact admin.
Please click this link which will explain how businesses can use this site. If you require further clarification, please contact the admin team.
Your account is your responsibility. It should be used by you only. Instant revoke of account maybe administered if it is deemed an account is being misused.
All posts to have a description, location and price (if free, put £0.00)
Please state if you are selling on another site, to avoid any potential arguments between buyers and sellers.
Please change the status of your item when applicable: Available / Reserved / Sold. Sold items are automatically deleted after 7 days.
Please note: Virgin Media products cannot be sold as they belong to the company and not the individual. Posts will be removed.
Don't promise things to more than one person or sell to someone else after you've made a commitment. You will lose customers and risk membership within this group.
All event tickets must be shown in photo and show a price. For further clarification please click here
- All cosmetics, creams and lotions must be new and unopened.
- Any item that doesn't fit this criteria will be removed, and the member tagged in the relevant admin graphic.
- PLEASE CHECK ALL GOODS before handing over money because once you have, nothing can be done should it be faulty or not as advertised. There is no refund policy in place as Admins have no power to enforce this. Disputes such as this have to be resolved between the seller and buyer. Sellers Please ensure that the item you are selling (or giving away) is as advertised. If members are found to be falsely advertising they will be removed from the group
- Any problems/issues please contact one of the Admin Team - Sue Drake, Stevie Huggins or Tasha Wheeler. Click on the Help button to message one of us.
- if you are experiencing technical issues with the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org direct.