Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
In order to be part of this community you must have all of the following information on your profile: actual first and last name, valid Facebook account with a recognizable picture of themselves.
PLEASE NOTE: Each community on VarageSale is different and each has their own specific set of rules.
*According to VarageSale's Terms of Service (which can be found here: https://www.varagesale.com/terms-of-service?) all members must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to be a member of this or any community.
*Transactions are between the buyer and seller. Admins are here for you to facilitate the group and answer any questions you may have.
RULES FOR SELLING:
1) Please be aware of the items you post. It is your responsibility that you follow the Canadian laws regarding sales.
2) NO selling of coupons or free samples. These items can be used for trading only.
3) Reselling of items purchased on VarageSale for a higher price is not allowed.
4) Any Food or Formula posted must have a photo showing the expiry date.
5) Car seats (including Booster Seats) are no longer allowed to be posted in this community.
6) No Animals or living things are allowed to be posted in this community.
7) Buying And selling of counterfeits, fakes, knock-offs or replicas Is illegal (Counterfeiting is the passing off of imitation products as authentic brand-name goods).
8 ) All items must have a price. VarageSale is not an auction site so please do not ask for best offers.
9) Due to past dishonesty of people, anyone who needs to ask for help i.e. Donations. Please PM an admin first to get approval.
10) All Small Business ads must be listed in the Small Business Directory unless you are selling extra stock you have on hand and in this case, you must post a picture of the actual item(s). *Only one ad per business.
11) All Handmade and repurposed items must be listed in the Handmade category.
12 a) Please do not create an ad for each photo you have for one item. The apps allow you to add more photos while posting. If using the desktop version, then you can add additional photos in the comment section.
b) Only one item per ad, unless being sold as a lot.
c) Only post your item once in the most appropriate category. If your not sure which one to choose pm an admin.
13) Porch pick ups are not recommended. If you agree to do a porch pick up and the item goes missing or not enough money was left, then there is nothing that can be done.
14) This is a local community. All transactions are expected to take place in person. We don't recommend shipping items.
15) No "Stock" photos or photos taken off the internet. All items must have a picture of the actual item that is for sale. All items are expected to be on hand and therefore a real photo should be shown. If your selling an item and you want to add a stock photo as an additional photo then that is ok, but the main photo should be of the actual item. *Small Business Directory and ISO/Looking for ads are exempted from this rule
16) NO brick or mortar stores .
*Here is the list of VarageSale's prohibited items: (http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed).
Any posts found to have gone against VarageSale's Terms of Service, break any rules or are posted in the wrong category maybe deleted without notice.
Varagesale platform is a " virtual garage sale" Direct sale & brick and mortar businesses, should only post in designated categories (Small business and handmade).
RULES FOR BUYING:
1) Please only click "Interested" if you plan to purchase the item and do not skip sending the seller a message as it's a waste of people's time. Also please only show interest in items you plan to purchase in a timely manner.
NOTE: if you want to "watch" an item, then please click watch instead of interested.
2) Sellers have the right to sell to whomever they choose and admins cannot force them to sell to anyone no matter who showed interest first.
3) We recommend that you do not pre-pay for items or send anyone an EMT (Email Money Transfer). Transactions should all be done in cash.
4) Please don't ask a member to lower their price on the feed. This should be done through private message only.
5) This platform is buyer beware: Buyers must throughly inspect all items before handing over cash. Admins cannot help if you purchase items that are unsatisfactory. Remember everyone's version of good condition may not be the same. Refunds are not expected to be given nor should they be requested.
6) Buyers should NOT request "porch pick ups". This should be up to the seller as they are the one taking a risk.
NOTE: There have been multiple issues reported that were associated with "porch pick ups" so therefore admins do not recommend arranging them.
1) No Bullying or calling out of anyone in the feed or in the through private messages. We are all adults and expected to act as such!
2) We recommend you "Follow" the category named "Admin Tips" so that you are notified of any new features or updates that are available.
3) Please be aware that we have a 3 strikes policy for no shows. All no shows should be reported to an admin (we do keep track!).
4) Misconduct in this community may lead to removal from one or multiple communities.
5) If you are experiencing a problem that needs an admins attention, please only message one admin, per situation. Messaging both causes lots of confusion for everyone. This is happening too often and it may count as a strike against you if you are found to be doing this.
NOTE: Admins are unable to help with technical issues. These issues must be reported to the help desk: [email protected]
Be kind to one another & enjoy!