Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING!
1) THIS is an online VarageSale group for the Shawnee, OK, area. As a member of this group are you REQUIRED to deliver/pick-up items to our area (10 mile radius from the center of Shawnee-If you input Shawnee on Maps it will choose the center of town). NO EXCEPTIONS! Let it be understood that the seller has the right to set the meeting place (as long as it adheres to the rule above). If the buyer doesn't agree to a meeting place the seller has the right to move on to the next person in line after 24 hours.
You may list your items for sale, list what you are in search of (ISO), or list your upcoming garage sale under the Community Happenings category.
When listing an item you MUST:
a) upload your photo (if you need a generic one message ADMIN Dana or use the 4SALE one we have listed in ADMIN TIPS) AND choose ONE appropriate category. If you are LAZY and put your items in the miscellaneous category when they CLEARLY fit into a specific category they will be DELETED! NO EXCEPTIONS!
b) add a price (NO "make an offer" or auctions allowed)
c) add a detailed description (including stains, holes or ANY defects please) if your item is posted anywhere else you MUST include that it is CROSS POSTED in your description.
2) YOU are responsible for keeping the status of your items updated! It’s either AVAILABLE, PENDING or SOLD. If you move the item into the SOLD category it will automatically delete after 7 days. DO NOT DELETE your items when sold because it causes confusion. The system will do that for you after 7 days. If you want to list an item FCFS (first come first serve) then that MUST be in the listing when you post it. YOU CANNOT comment in the listing or message people that after you have listed the item. DO NOT list an item more than once or in separate categories (duplicate listings are NOT allowed and you will be removed from group if it happens repeatedly). You may post extra pics of your item in the comments section once you post. You may ONLY post 20 handmade items. If you post more than that you will be reminded to delete them. You CANNOT include any links in those posts. Our VarageSale group is set up so you may bump every 48 hours. Just click on the blue up arrow in your listing to bump. It ONLY shows up on your photo when it is eligible to bump.
3) WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT LIST ANY CHILDREN'S CLOTHING, TOYS, OR ITEMS IN GENERAL THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH CHILDREN DUE TO THE NUMBER OF RECALLS INVOLVED AND THE CPSIA ACT of 2009 WHICH DOES INCLUDE CHILDREN'S CLOTHING! ANY item that is made specifically for children or BRANDED or marketed for children is included. Sizes 12 and UP (12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 also ANY junior sizes which are odd numbered) are considered Junior Clothing and WILL BE ACCEPTABLE in this group and are not covered under this law. Also from the CPSIA law info website: "Nearly every product intended for children under age 12 that will be sold in the U.S. is affected by CPSIA. This includes used and vintage products. CPSIA Makes Selling Recalled Products Illegal. CPSIA affects consumers just as much as manufacturers."
4) NO WEAPONS, weapons related items or ammunition. ALSO NO posting of cigarettes, tobacco related items, E-cigs or accessories including vapors, medication (including prescription or non-prescription OTC), drugs and alcohol. If you are caught posting these items you will automatically be banned from the group permanently. If you use profanity in the group or in a message to another member you will also be banned permanently. We DO NOT allow profanity in ANY FORM!
5) ALL business posting members are REQUIRED to post in the SMALL BUSINESS DIRECTORY category ONLY and are allowed one post ONLY! That means if you have a store you are allowed ONE POST and ONLY in the SBD. If you have a “service” i.e. lawn-mowing, mechanic work that you offer, photographer or hairstylist you ARE considered small business and can post in this category ONLY. If you have a product like Visalus, Plexus, Ace or any other diet control or help losing weight offer you MUST post in our SMALL BUSINESS DIRECTORY ONLY! If you are a rep and sell products like Scentsy, Mary Kay, BeautiControl, etc. you can ONLY post in the Small Business Directory category. Posting these items anywhere else will get you removed from the group. NO Pure Romance, lingerie, undergarments (bras, sports bras, corsets, panties), slumber or toy party posts are allowed. AT ALL! Please NO PICS that show nakedness (including bikini pics) or fat/flabby bellies.
6) PLEASE DO NOT POST events or links 2 other groups! It’s against VarageSale policy period. If you have Handmade Items you CANNOT post ANY business links with the item. This can ONLY be done in the Small Business Directory. One post. One link.
7) It is an ABSOLUTE common courtesy, and also HIGHLY suggested by the ADMIN (as a stated guideline) for you to sell items to the first member that comments on the actual post (messaging DOES NOT count as a comment - EVER). If they ask a question regarding the item it should be assumed they are interested. We don't want 2 turn listings into an auction. Sellers should always respond to the first comment on the actual posted item. ALSO, other members interested should GRACIOUSLY post, "I'm interested if so and so (first commenting member) passes" or "I would like to be next in line." That's fair AND ethical. Prefer your brother. It's a common principle. If they do not respond within 24 hours you may move to the next person in line. Once you AGREE to a price, even if it is a lower offer, you have given your WORD and are obligated to make the sale. This would also include NOT re-listing items you have previously purchased on VarageSale for a higher price. IF you re-list an item it MUST be for the EXACT same price at which you purchased the item. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8 ) YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD TO JOIN OUR VARAGESALE GROUP. If you have NUDITY or PROFANITY posted in your profile pic you will NOT be allowed in the group. AGAIN, we do not allow NUDITY. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
9) ADMIN encourages all buyers to meet ONLY at the cell provider to insure cell is in working order.
*ALL ITEMS PURCHASED ARE BUYER BEWARE! Please DO NOT buy ANY electronics or cell phones without verifying they are in working order.
10) If you have 3 reported NO SHOWS, or member complaints, you will be removed from the group. 3 strikes and you are OUT!!! If you are sassy, rude or hateful to any ADMIN in this group it is grounds for IMMEDIATE removal. You WILL receive a FRIENDLY REMINDER if we feel like you are stepping outside the posted guidelines. Remember, this site is available to you FREE because of the ADMINs hard work. Contact the main ADMIN Dana Mounce Bowman if you have any other questions. Other ADMINs--Stephanie Walker & Lily Harris. We pray this app/group is a blessing to you and it is our intention to serve you!
IF you have specific questions regarding Varagesale as pertaining to guidelines that are made SPECIFICALLY by VS then please check the help section. MANY of the above rules are not optional and are mandated by VS. The help sections covers EVERYTHING! Thank you!
PLEASE WATCH THIS TUTORIAL VIDEO BEFORE POSTING!!!!