Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
This is a group for residents of the Victoria area to buy and sell new and used items. We welcome members from all areas, however items that are posted MUST be made available for pickup in Victoria (Saanich, Victoria, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, View Royal and the West Shore).
• No requests for free items and / or personal donations.
• No ads to sell pets, give away pets, pet adoptions or ISOs for pets.
• No ads for raffle tickets, coupon books, cookies, chocolates etc. Fundraisers (such bottle drives or events) are permitted in the Events & Community > Local Events > Fundraisers category.
• No requests for votes in contests or promotions.
• No sales of coupons or samples, including formula sample cans, Similac cheques, perfume or makeup samples, or other items that were given to you for free. These items may be given away for free or traded only.
• No auction-style or "Best Offer Only" listings are permitted. Incentive buying, taunting and bidding thru means such as offering more than asking to skip the line will not be tolerated. All items listed MUST have a price. http://bit.ly/1RksEb9
PLEASE NOTE: We welcome small businesses and hobbyists to advertise and sell their wares, however we do have specific guidelines regarding the sale of items that are manufactured / created / refurbished / refinished for profit. The guidelines can be found here:
Small Business Directory guidelines:
Handmade/Refurbished Items Guidelines:
The administrative team reserves the right to suspend or revoke membership at any time, for reasons including (but not limited to):
• Racism or bigotry.
• Foul language.
• Inciting, provoking, or perpetuating drama.
• Using the discussion forum to vent or complain about other members or the administration
• Leaving negative “praise” for another group member.
• Sale of illegal, pirated or stolen goods (if you believe that an item listed is stolen, you may ask the buyer for the serial number [if applicable], and search it through the Canadian Police Information Centre: http://bit.ly/NFSLf8. Cell phone IMEIs can be queried through http://bit.ly/1fgNgNl).
2B. OPINIONS REGARDING PRICE:
It is not the admins' nor members' responsibility to point out personal opinions on the listed price or usage of individual items being sold. It is up to buyers to research the items they wish to purchase (an item ultimately is worth what a buyer is willing to pay). Comments regarding price, usage, condition, etc. will be removed without warning.
• Do not use another person's post to sell your own items (i.e.” I have this for sale too”).
• Tagging members in an item you think they would like does not give them first dibs nor are you putting them in line. Each member can only state their own interest on an item and the time stamp on that interested comment will determine where they are in line.
• If something is cross posted (ie also posted on a FB BST site, CL, UV etc) PLEASE STATE SO when posting.
• Private messages do NOT count toward order of interest on an item. Only comments made on the item itself count toward the order of interest (effective January 15th, 2016).
• Once you have committed to sell an item to another member (you have made arrangements for a sale) it is expected that you follow through with this arrangement. If someone else offers to come sooner, or pay more, you are still expected to honour your original arrangement. FCFS (First Come, First Served) sales are not allowed in this community except for FREE items.
• Do not sell items that you have received on VarageSale for free.
• If there is a dispute between buyer and seller, it is expected that the both the buyer and seller will make reasonable attempts to come to a resolution. Blocking of the other party as a method to avoid resolving an issue with them will not be tolerated.
• Who's First in line? http://bit.ly/1UZJmeV
• No FCFS http://bit.ly/1SeTe6v
• The 12 hour Rule http://bit.ly/1SFcXNf
• No Show Policy http://bit.ly/1T9Lwuv
• Drama is not tolerated http://bit.ly/20SnyVT
• What is the discussion forum for? http://bit.ly/1QolE83
• Used Car Seat Safety Guidelines http://bit.ly/1T5D26x
. PERSONAL SAFETY:
Please read: http://bit.ly/1W9fvRr
All transactions are done at your OWN RISK. We do not hold any liability for the actions of anyone or anything that may occur from the use of this group.
All sales are AS/IS. It is YOUR responsibility to check over each item you purchase BEFORE making the transaction. DO NOT hand someone money until you are completely sure you are satisfied with the item. Once money has exchanged hands, the deal is final. Please take this into account before PM'ing an admin. Admins CANNOT get your money back for you!
PLEASE NOTE: Rules, guidelines and conditions are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the administration team of the Swap & Shop. Failure to comply with the rules can result in a member being removed or banned.
(The administrative team worked hard putting all these rules together for what works in this group. If you want to "borrow" them for another group, please ask first.)